• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
blniasgti

Full Length Sunroof Removal

blniasgti

hi guys,

have booked my 205 into have it re-sprayed at the end of the month and have been looking at the sunroof and realised im not too sure on where to start with to remove the sunroof....

have used search on the site but cannot find any help.....

any hints tips and picture will be most appreciated....

many thanks

JRL

Check in the group buy section im not sure if it happened but there was talk of carbonfibre blanking sheets this is a cheaper easier method. Or you can buy or cut out a non sunroof 205 roof and weld it on.

blniasgti

sorry dont think i made myself clear that im going to keep the sunroof and re-fit but just not too sure on where to start with the removal of it as i dont want to snap the plastics or break the glass..

JRL

ah I understand,

Remove the sunroof handle (tiny hex key)

Remove the exterior plastic trim, (careful not to break them dont force them) if you remove the roof console you can take the aerial base off as well.

Unbolt the end bolts towards the tailgate as there are stoppers opreventing the glass sliding out

Then slide the lass out of the runners and put it in a safe place.

its been a while since doing this so may have missed a few bits. Preperation is king for a good re-spray, I use food bags to keep the clips,screws nuts etc and label them. im good at demolition but not good putting it back.

dale205mills

you need to pop out the inside light and there is two tiny screws, on both sides of the sunroof handles nuts. if you unscrew them and the front sunroof sorround will be free to pop off, but be very carefull not to brake the plastic clips that go round the torxs bolts. You will now see the torxs bolt on both sides that hold the side sunroof trim, undo these and carefully side the trim back towards the tail gate. You will now see loads of torx bolts right round the sunroof that go threw the sunroof and in the car, where the threads are that hold it all together but you mite have to take the headlineing out to get to the threads that the torx bits screw into as some times they will just keep turning and not let you unscrew the torx bolt.

sorry if all this is abit of a read :) before any one says it, I admit I have got 205's on the brain.

blniasgti
ah I understand,

Remove the sunroof handle (tiny hex key)

Remove the exterior plastic trim, (careful not to break them dont force them) if you remove the roof console you can take the aerial base off as well.

Unbolt the end bolts towards the tailgate as there are stoppers opreventing the glass sliding out

Then slide the lass out of the runners and put it in a safe place.

its been a while since doing this so may have missed a few bits. Preperation is king for a good re-spray, I use food bags to keep the clips,screws nuts etc and label them. im good at demolition but not good putting it back.

you need to pop out the inside light and there is two tiny screws, on both sides of the sunroof handles nuts. if you unscrew them and the front sunroof sorround will be free to pop off, but be very carefull not to brake the plastic clips that go round the torxs bolts. You will now see the torxs bolt on both sides that hold the side sunroof trim, undo these and carefully side the trim back towards the tail gate. You will now see loads of torx bolts right round the sunroof that go threw the sunroof and in the car, where the threads are that hold it all together but you mite have to take the headlineing out to get to the threads that the torx bits screw into as some times they will just keep turning and not let you unscrew the torx bolt.

sorry if all this is abit of a read :D before any one says it, I admit I have got 205's on the brain.

Many thanks guys given me a good chance of removing it now without breaking anything :(

just looking forward to having my 205 looking like new :)