• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Hubs

driversdomainuk

Hi

Can some one tell me if 1.6 gti front hubs will fit a 1.9..?

Thanks

Rob

Anthony

You'd have answered this very quickly if you'd done a search, as it's been asked numerous times, and atleast once in the past week! :blink:

driversdomainuk
You'd have answered this very quickly if you'd done a search, as it's been asked numerous times, and atleast once in the past week! :blink:

Can anyone give me an answer...I cant find a precise reply....

Anthony - you could have at least shouted at me, then gave me the answer..... :D

DrSarty
Anthony - you could have at least shouted at me, then gave me the answer..... :blink:

I'm afraid I agree with Anthony, as if he had given you the answer - which is even in topics dated this week - then the trend will continue with people just posting, almost demanding a reply because they can't (be bothered to) find the answer themselves.

This forum is a resource, not a personal question answering system. If it becomes the latter, then search results will just clog up forever more with the same question answered countless times, reducing the quality overall of the information contained herein.

driversdomainuk

"Hubs, brake disks and driveshafts

Basically, 1.6 GTi hubs are a different offset and give slightly wider front track, which is good, but limit choices for brake upgrades and mean that you have to run the weaker (in my experience atleast) 1.6 GTi driveshafts "

Ok then - with this comment from Anthony, would you recommend or would it be safe to fit a 1.6 gti hub on one side and a 1.9 gti hub on the other side?

Anthony

See, that wasn't so hard, was it?

Ok then - with this comment from Anthony, would you recommend or would it be safe to fit a 1.6 gti hub on one side and a 1.9 gti hub on the other side?

Would I recommend running different offset hubs on either side? No, certainly not. Either run 1.9 hubs both sides, or 1.6 hubs (and driveshafts) both sides. Running odd and mismatched parts is a receipe for woe frankly.

Would it be safe? Well, it wouldn't kill you first corner you came to, but handling is bound to be compromised to some degree

driversdomainuk
See, that wasn't so hard, was it?

Would I recommend running different offset hubs on either side? No, certainly not. Either run 1.9 hubs both sides, or 1.6 hubs (and driveshafts) both sides. Running odd and mismatched parts is a receipe for woe frankly.

Would it be safe? Well, it wouldn't kill you first corner you came to, but handling is bound to be compromised to some degree

thanks mate.....I will use the search facility more in future also - lesson learnt!

Thanks

Rob