• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spitfire2k6

1.9 Gti Alloys On A Mardi Gras

Guest Spitfire2k6

I have a 205 1.8D Mardi gras in pretty damn good nick and want to stick some alloys on it.

does anyone here know if the alloys from the 1.9GTi would fit or if they would scrub.

the reason im concerned is i had a set of 14" ford alloys with a 20mm spacer on and hey scrubbed...

any knowledge is appreciated

cheers

G

Baz

If the ford 14" alloys (ET-thirty something) with 20mm spacers scrubbed, then 15" wheels with the same offset certainly would too.

Baz

They certainly will on the back of any base model with standard suspension & sized tyres anyway.

Guest Spitfire2k6
If the ford 14" alloys (ET-thirty something) with 20mm spacers scrubbed, then 15" wheels with the same offset certainly would too.

I was thinking that might be the case, are the arches much bigger on a gti? like if i got mine rolled would it sort it?

allye

I wouldn't bother, the 14x6 Rallye wheels on mine rub with 2 people in the back, I can only imagine it would be much worse with 15" wheels. I know for sure cyclones rub very badly as some one i know had them on a 205 xr. Get some S1 106 Rallye steels, they look pimpin!

Ali

Henry Yorke

The best wheels to get for yours are 306 DTurbo Harrier wheels as they look well on a non GTI and you can drop it as much as you want if that is your thing. Alternatively a 1.6 GTI wheel is the same with 185/60/14 tyres.

post-3457-1285017981_thumb.jpg

1.9 wheels catch at the back and are stupidly annoying. Arch rolling is not really an option due to the way way the rear shell is formed as a sealed panel. You could fit a 1.9 rear beam which would bring the wheels in a bit but this is expensive and not guaranteed.

post-3457-1285018101.jpg

As you can see I have been there and done that over 10 years ago!