• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TaffyTim

Trackday Tyre Wear

TaffyTim

Ive just taken my trackday tyres off and they all look normal apart from the frons nearside.

In fact the rest all passed an mot today so it shows what good health they are in but the centre of the fns has a smooth section in the middle of the tyre. Looking inside the wheelarch you can see this has come from rubbing on the metal ridge that is ontop of the wheelarch.

Surely this cant be normal, is it signt of an ill behaving shoock absorber? Or is this just how it goes when doing tracks that run clockwise?

welshpug

bumpstops missing at a guess?

Baz

The odd wear is probably the fact that the tyre has gained pressure and become over-inflated with heat upon use, so is therefore then creating the odd wear.

Over-inflation causes the centres to wear more, under-inflation causes the outers to wear more.

TaffyTim
bumpstops missing at a guess?

That sounds feesable. I didnt know that there were bumpstops on the front, where shall I look for the missing bit?

TaffyTim

Thats what I first thought Baz but I looked after my tyre pressure on track, as the other tyres show, and there are signs of rubbing on the part of. The wheelarch that I mentioned. I would ppost a pic but can only access the net from my phone at the moment.

Miles

I know you have Billies on your car, If Group N then the stops are built in but you would feel it if is was going beyond that point

TaffyTim
I know you have Billies on your car, If Group N then the stops are built in but you would feel it if is was going beyond that point

Its the sprintline set up on the front, should these be built in?

If so where should I be looking for them?