• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richy_cti

Dimmaing A Cti

Richy_cti

if the Cti does not sell over the winter im looking to fit eathere the dimma of maxi wide arch kit.

1 does the maxi kit actualy fit the cti?

2 what is the best way to widen the track of the 205 i would rather not have huge spacers on there

3 has any one fitted a wide arch kit themself and any helpfull tips (i have fited aftermarket body kits before but wide arches are something i have never delt with before)

M@tt

how much wider you want to go?

1.9 alloys wheels on 1.6 hubs push the front out wider by quite a bit

Richy_cti

i have the 1.9 wheels on the 1.6 hubs but in guessing the kit will add an inch or 2 wider again i know the 309 Rear beam is wider so i will be looking to get my hands on one with the rear disk

but the frount is the consern i know dimmas tend to have deep dish alloys, but i like the 1.9 ones but dont want to have spacers as i know they can cause extra strain on the car. so is there a safe way to incress the track how is it done on the dimma's or is it standard just wider wheels

Obey_R

Look at the 1900 split rims thread.

Liquid_106
2 what is the best way to widen the track of the 205 i would rather not have huge spacers on there

309 wishbones/beam is a popular mod. I think that it's also possible to run a 306 rear beam, but would require modification for it to fit the inner arches iirc.

Then there's also rosejointed wishbones, but depends how deep your pockets are and I think there are issues with roll bar collision.

There are also some wider speedline potentialy available on here from Tom Fenton.

Richy_cti

for some resion i cant view pics on the forum are toms wheels just fitted with spacers or is the outer lip actulay wider??

Liquid_106

From what I understand, the outer rim is machined off back to the face of the inner section (the bit with the wheel design :( ), then a wider 'lip' is bolted back in its place, in a selection of different widths.

Henry Yorke

I am sure Tom could do a deeper dish, but I am not sure what the limits are as the wider you go, the more chance you have of bending them. Most Genuine Dimma rims are buckled now and each rim (2 per wheel on a Dimma) was £100 from Compomotive when I enquired.

I think the maxi kit will go up into the rear quarters. The Dimma certainly does and needs to be chopped off. Also some work needs to be done as the sills are thicker.

What you want to look for is a Ruggari kit as they would look nice on a CTI http://www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk/show_product.asp?id=330

You could probably get away with the 1.9 wheels, but they would look a little bland on this IMHO.

steve@cornwall

306 beam? there's a thread here somewhere

Richy_cti

cant find it anywhere i breaking a 306 sedan now so if it not a massive job putting the rear beam on i might give it a go.