• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shalmaneser

Should I Just Ditch The Pas

shalmaneser

Hi guys,

So, I'm eyeing up an engine, the question is should I just man up and go non PAS with the gti6 lump or stick with the nice girly PAS setup?

I'd like to hear how people have pumbed in their PAS with the gti6 convo, how much effort it was and whether they'd do it that way again. Obviously I've got PAS at the moment and like it. And my car is definitely a road car, just a few trackday excursions a year - has to be good at getting into Tescos parking spaces as well!

And what are the options when it comes to tensioners with the 306 aux belt - obviously the rallye setup but that looks expensive, any parts I can scavange of other PSA cars that'll do the same job - what about the other XU engined cars that came with PAS but no aircon?

Finally, and I know this isn't strictly in the right section but how did people build the exhaust for their 205 gti6's? I'm guessing the existing pipes don't just bolt on, what are the options? I'm on a bit of a budget here, so custom stainless is a no go area!!!

Cheers,

Adam.

boombang

I genuinely see nothing girly about having PAS on a 205 - still get a lot of feel, the car is easier to drive fast on or past the limit, and much better to live with.

I too am very keen to see info about pulley setup running a Gti-6 lump without PAS, as will be doing the same soon - my PAS will be electric.

Tom Fenton
I've got PAS at the moment and like it.

There is your answer my friend.

Miles

Easy, just use all the parts from the 306, Pipes and header tank it really is that easy

boombang
Easy, just use all the parts from the 306, Pipes and header tank it really is that easy

All fit within the 205 engine bay too, no other mods?

Why the bloody hell am I messing about with a 106 gti PAS pump :blink:

Going to be using the Xsara rack too, so is it safe to assume I can even use the standard PAS hoses?

Edited by boombang

CosKev

As above,Gti6 pressured pipe from pump to rack screwed straight into my 309 PAS rack :lol:

Then just need to trim the return pipe down from rack to res,easy :blink:

welshpug

yes, the tank fits quite nicely where it sits on the 306, choccy bob has one on his silver 205 rally car for a few years with a 1.9 8v pas engine :blink:

I would think all the hoses would fit quite well, only one you my need to alter is the cooling loop.

Miles

The high pressure pipe just needs securing to the subframe and as said the low pressue making to length,

Only issue with the Xsara rack is the U/J, it seems to make the bulkhead seal fall out all the time as it's too thick, maybe a Xsara one would fit?

jackherer
Only issue with the Xsara rack is the U/J

A 205 non-PAS square drive lower column fits the Xsara rack perfectly.