• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kyepan

Brake Pipe Flaring Tool Thingy

kyepan

Need to replace that hard pipe (short right hand front), but need the flaring tool.. and if possible some advice on where to get pipe from.

I need to put the longer goodridge hose on the right, however the hard pipe has corroded into the union nut and the pipe is just flexing, the pipe is also past it's best.

if anyone local to reading has a flaring tool, i would be most grateful if you could show me how to use it on evening or next sat!

Cheers

J

Anthony

If you get stuck Justin, I've got one here and am a dab hand with it :lol:

hcmini1989
If you get stuck Justin, I've got one here and am a dab hand with it :lol:

if you cut it off and straighten it out measure it and ill make you one up and post it to you .If youd like ? .Allso your local motorfactors should make them up for you aswell

If you want one let me know via pm you can have it for a couple of quid posted dependent on size

Edited by hcmini1989

Daviewonder

Treat yourself to a flaring tool. I have one similar to this and it works great Clicky

kyepan

Thanks for all the replies, have managed to source a local flaring tool and a length of free pipe..

I'm guessing the unions are 10mm, m10 is that correct?

and to do that hose i would need a male for the caliper and a male for the master cylinder.

Edited by kyepan

Anthony

Unions are 10x1 male :rolleyes:

Paul_13

Got a tool and happy to help mate, bring it round this week when we attack that rack?

smithy
Treat yourself to a flaring tool. I have one similar to this and it works great Clicky

Got one like that myself recently changed all pipes using it,worked a treat well worth the £7 I paid

blessed6383

glad this thread has came up as doing my rear pipes next weekend and was unsure if the flaring tool was what i needed as never done brake pipes before

smithy
glad this thread has came up as doing my rear pipes next weekend and was unsure if the flaring tool was what i needed as never done brake pipes before

not a difficult job to do,i see you are in W-S-M aswell if you dont have a flaring tool you can borrow mine to do your pipes if you want?