• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
HERMAN

Another Bloody Ride Hight Question

HERMAN

I have just fitted my gti6 engine and the extra weight has made the front too low for my liking. The front wish bones are pointing up which to me is to low. I plan to fit coils overs in the future but that is a while off as I have a lot of other items to buy first. The springs and shocks that are fitted are Gmax units I believe but I am not sure how much they are meant to lower the front by.

If I was to buy a set of 30mm lowering springs and use them for the time being. Would the car still sit to low with the extra weight of the 6 engine or would I be better of with a 20mm?

Cheers

Neil

Edited by HERMAN

kyepan

i would go more on the lbs than the supposed drop.. as that is not accounting for the extra weight of the engine...

backroadpug

think most people use 400 lbs springs

welshpug

i think GMAX are 50mm, the ones I took off my 309 were.

HERMAN

I did not realise that you could specify the poundage of standard type springs. I thought that was only for coil overs?

welshpug

you can if you get custom made ones

alync406

I dont think most people would be using 400 lbs springs,that would be very hard. My rally car has 200 lbs springs and it and I dont think it would really suitable for driving daily.

shalmaneser

No they don't! I was running 240 for a bit and they were far too hard for road work IMO. 400 would be ridiculous unless it's a track only car, and even then would be interesting in the wet!