• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
All Praise The GTI

Rear Arb End Plates

All Praise The GTI

thought id get home from work and do a quick job... swap my 309 arb for my shortened and resplined gti6 one. got 309 one out and end plates off but cant get them back on. tried putting back on 309 one but wont go. i know the smaller splines on drivers side has a notch out of them but the end plate splines look the same so cant see why wont go back on. its getting dark and need it back together to drive in morning.

help asap please anyone?? (did search but no joy :D

welshpug

l/h side should have the notch to align with the arb end plate, the 306 arb's have larger diameter splines, do you know if it was altered to 205/309 splines?

l/h side has the smaller splines too.

All Praise The GTI

dont worry done it now. i was just being too carefull as is new arb. gave it some slightly firmer taps with hammer and went on. used 309 end plates. but the end which is abit smaller is fitted to drivers side. does this matter?? really dont want have take it apart again. i did cadwell park last year with it as it was so cant make that much difference?

thanks

welshpug

doesnt make any difference to how it works, but the notched end is intended to be the fixed end drawn fully into the splines, the opposite larger end to be the one you adjust to set the squish of the two yellow seals.

All Praise The GTI

so it doesnt matter the smaller side is on the right. i did fully fit that side.

so normally you would pull the bar out the left? il just pull it out the right if i ever remove it again. then flip it over

thanks

welshpug

yup exactly that :D