• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CTI STU

Fitting Powerflex Bushes? Help Please

CTI STU

Hi, Ive got some Powerflex bushes, Front anti roll bar mount, Front wishbone front bush and Front wishbone rear bush

Is it worth me fitting them? are they easy for a novice to do? or as they cost just over £70 shall I just sell them and buy something else for the car?

My car is a '89 1.6 with a Gti-6 engine

Thanks

Edited by CTI STU

Anthony

The ARB bushes I certainly wouldn't bother with (the standard Peugeot ones are poly anyway and actually fit properly!) and I'm dubious about the life expectancy of the wishbone bushes judging by friends that have fitted them and regretted doing so when they've failed just a fe thousand miles later.

Personally, I'd sell the lot, and just buy new Peugeot OE bushes for the wishbones and ARB.

Miles

Ditto with the above.

The Powerflex do just that, Flex more than std

CTI STU

Cheers guys, I'll sell them then

Stevo309

To answer your other question it's not beyond the reach of a novice. I would regard myself as a novice and following the advice of others on here have managed this actual job myself this weekend. I can't comment on how effective the end result is as I have the struts to change yet but I got the old bushes out using a hole saw and hacksaw blade and punch and pressed the new ones in using the vice.

I agree with the others about using oe. The complete wishbone bush kit including bolts, nuts and washers was £20 from Peugeot and as good as you'll get.