• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
backroadpug

Rallye Arches

backroadpug

Hi all im looking for a set of rallye arches for my 205 rallye

Where is best to buy them and are the a decent and easy fit?

cheers every one.

pugpete1108

i bought mine from ebay, only 60 notes and not too bad a fit. good turn around too as i think he has them in stock

ebay

gone up in price now though

backroadpug

cheers will give him a try

Masekwm

Pete,

How did you fit yours? I was searching and found your thread (looks great in the black) but saw yours look riveted? I thought they only needed glueing in place?

Keith

pugpete1108
Pete,

How did you fit yours? I was searching and found your thread (looks great in the black) but saw yours look riveted? I thought they only needed glueing in place?

Keith

i did originally plan to glue them but the glue i bought (supposedly for fitting bodykits) was a load of w*nk, i glued them all up left them three days clamped on and when i came back to them they fell off when i removed the clamps :( i thought i may have used too much glue so i used some on the quarter badges and after a week even they fell off :(:lol:

in then end i got the hump and drilled through and used some long self tappers and some domed cups for the heads to sit in then painted them along with the car. not ideal but at least i can remove them if needed.

i should imagine with some good pu adhiesive like tigerseal or similar (mine wasnt cheap either and i got my money back) they will go on ok, just make sure you have plenty of clamps to hand and i would screw the underneath of the part that goes into the sil as its really hard to clamp under there.

personally if i had more time or wasnt so impatient i wound have made some brackets that fix to the inside of the arch and bolt to the car so you can still remove them but you cant see where they are fixed, if that makes sense??

hope this helps

pete