• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Loose Hand Luke

1.6 Gti Front Brake Pad Retainers

Loose Hand Luke

while my front brakes (Bendix 1.6gti oem) were off the car I've managed to loose both of my front brake pad retainers :huh:

I hope that's the right name, they're the V shaped straight steel section that you slide in the end of the pads once fitted and then put a little spring pin in?

Where to hell do I find new one's as I went to Peugeot and Citroen dealers only to be told:

WE DON'T SELL THEM ANY MORE!!! :)

What options have I got guys? I don't want to scrap the brakes as I've nice new shiny Recon units to go on (I bought them about 4 years ago and they've been in a box ever since ;) )

RossD

Most motorfactors or even halfrauds will be able to sell you a 'Fitting Kit' that should contain everything you need. Try looking on brakeparts.co.uk, I'm sure they'll have some pictures to show whats included.

pugpete1108

i got mine form ecp for about a fiver or so, it had everything in there to fit the pads

Loose Hand Luke

Ah thanks guys. I'd forgotten about Euro car parts.

I'll try them :huh:

Tom Fenton

Halfords sell the kit.