• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
humanz

Heater Fan

humanz

Is the 205 heater fan just not powerful, even brand new? Or is mine suffering from old age?

At full speed (the controls set on full speed) I get what amounts to a little puff on my hands directly in front of the central vents. With the fan out of the heater housing, it sounds and feels like it should be moving alot of air, but in the housing, it just doesn't.

Is this something that a new fan could sort, or are all 205 heater fans just not very powerful?

mhyphenl
Is the 205 heater fan just not powerful, even brand new? Or is mine suffering from old age?

At full speed (the controls set on full speed) I get what amounts to a little puff on my hands directly in front of the central vents. With the fan out of the heater housing, it sounds and feels like it should be moving alot of air, but in the housing, it just doesn't.

Is this something that a new fan could sort, or are all 205 heater fans just not very powerful?

Mines old and moves alot of air. Sounds to me like you have a leak or something blocking the airways. If the fan shifts air when you've removed it from the housing then it must be going somwhere! I would guess at a leak but you'll have to remove the dash to find out!

humanz
Mines old and moves alot of air. Sounds to me like you have a leak or something blocking the airways. If the fan shifts air when you've removed it from the housing then it must be going somwhere! I would guess at a leak but you'll have to remove the dash to find out!

Joy of joys....I actually only put the dash back in a couple weeks ago. Not a task I relish.