• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mid-life crisis

Options For Raising The 205?

mid-life crisis

Picked up a very nice 205 diesel van but the previous owner has had it lowered. What are my options insomuch as I want to have it at a more reasonable height? Do I just buy standard springs and better shocks? Any recommendations?

Am really not a fan of lowered cars and I am finding the ride a bit too harsh.

Thanks

blessed6383

can buy standard shocks and springs for the front can be had pretty cheap on here if dont mind used ones as for the rear if its been dropped you will need to get the torsion bars adjusted not a major job if your handy witha spanner but if your not get someone who can to do it,

http://www.205gtidrivers.com/

then look at the lowering article on the left as you just want to reverse this

miamichris

Think I have a set of front gti shocks and springs up at my dad's, you could have for not very much. Where in county down are you mate? My dad's is just outside Ballygowan. Then all you have to do is raise the beam to match at the back.

Edited by miamichris

mid-life crisis
Think I have a set of front gti shocks and springs up at my dad's, you could have for not very much. Where in county down are you mate? My dad's is just outside Ballygowan. Then all you have to do is raise the beam to match at the back.

Might take you up on that. I will see what my mechanic can produce. I think it has been lowered only a nick at the back but I just prefer the standard settings.

Will let you know. And thanks.

mid-life crisis

Raised it up a nick at the back and put some old springs from a dead turbo diesel in her. Now sits fine and drives better in my opinion.