• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Headlining Removal

flyfisher

how easy or hard is it to remove a headlineing from a phase two gti thanks

for got to say its a non sunroof model

mickie

2 spanners

flyfisher

two spanners for what i know i will need to take grab handles off door rubbers and tailgate rubber but spanners for what

mickie

haynes, 2 spanners

BERTMAN

in other words, easy!! Remove handles, and two plastic square things at the back and maybe some above the rear windows. If you get it off and its not ruined i may be interested in having it off you!

Alfie

Found this in a search. I'm no wiser now though? I'm told I need to remove all/part of it to repair leak in front o/s sunroof drain. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

Anthony

Non-sunroof headlinings are a bit of a pain to remove intact, as they're well stuck on and all too easy to damage/crease if you try and rush it.

Basically, remove all the bits around the edges that secure it (roof console, sun visors, grab handles, A pillers etc), and slowly work your way around seperating it from the roof skin.

Factory (vacuum) sunroof headlinings are much easier as they much much less adhesive on them - pretty much just glued to the slider frame.

Alfie

Cheer's Anthony, so would the outer edge of the lining just be inside the rubber seals then? I just need to get to the drain pipe that goes down the front o/s door pillar in order to see where the leak is. Terry.

Edited by Alfie