• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ebrett

Master Cylinder Outputs

Guest ebrett

Does anyone know the correct pipe order for a 19mm Master Cylinder on a D-Turbo?

At the minute both front brake pipes are connected to the same forward chamber and rears brakes pipes to the other chamber.

Just seems abit odd as I thought the circuits should be crossed, so if one fails you still retain a front brake.

jackherer

AFAIK all 205s are split front/rear as you describe apart from the 1.9 which is split diagonally.

welshpug

they are diagonally split if they have a split rear system, i.e two lines to the rear, 4 lines to the master cylinder.

which all bar the 1.6 gti use (and those that use the 1.6 gti braking system, i.e the TU24 euro rallye, and the XUD7T)

front ports go to front right and left rear, rear ports go to front left and right rear.

Guest ebrett

Thanks guys :wacko:

I think mines wrong then. It has a split rear system, but both pipes are connected to the rear ports on the MC.

205_current.jpg

Anyway I now have a complete 1.9 GTi setup, so makes sense to change to a diagonal split.

Planning on swaping the pipes around tomorrow, so is this setup alright?

205_new.jpg

Sorry to be a pain, just want to be 100% sure before I make the new pipes.