• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
backroadpug

Door Dropping

backroadpug

Hi all my o/s door has started to drop down when opened and it dont sit completley straight.

Would a new set of pins sort this out or do you get over sized pins which req the hinges to be drilled larger.

Where is best to get the pins also?

Cheers everyone

Did a search but couldnt really find much info.

Jrod

Standard pins from Peugeot worked for me even when the door hinges were worn. I took someones advice from here and cut up an old can and used that to 'shim' the hole and take up any slack.

backroadpug

spot on cheers for the reply.

Ill give that a go.

MrG

how do you replace the pins? Hammer one out then hammer a new one in?

mikeygulley

I replaced both sides on mine recently, ended up taking the doors off, drill out the hinges and putting slightly larger roll pins in. They work a treat.

DaveW

Yes Andy just use a punch tho you do need a hand with the door heavier than they look!

joe1joe

Well my doors wasnt very warn so i just replaced the top pins so i didnt have to take the doors off, but mine wasnt that far gone, but if they are bad then just take the door off which can be done on your own.

Swear there was a mod that you can do to replace the door pin with a torx bolt using peugeot parts?

Rob Turbo

Later 205's used torx pins instead of the earlier "bash in" pin, IIRC all you need is the pins and the outer part of the hinge, i.e. not the part that's welded to the shell, pop down the scrappy and find a late base model and rob the hinges from them! I'm sure someone will come up with the part numbers from pug if needed.

Mine are knackard, the bit that's welded to the shell is well oval, but with the car being completely stripped I'm either going to drill them out and fit bigger pins or buy new hinges and weld them on.