• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
happygoron

Electric Window Scissor Lift Runners

happygoron

Hi, the runners that attach the lifting mechinism to the window on my car have corroded away to dust, does anyone know if these are a unique part or can I get them cheap from any motorfactors?

Part 3 here: http://miamistu.co.uk/pug/GB/205N/9/92L40A.HTM

pug_ham

If you can still get them I'd expect them to be a Pug only part.

Service box doesn't have NFP after the part number so they should be avalable still, price is £18.02.

Graham.

happygoron

I had a feeling you'd say that. I expect it's a similar system on all this age pugs so was hoping there would be an alternate supply.

I've heard they can be a bugger to fit too, was hoping not to have to take the glass out, this possible?

Alan77

I had to change my passenger glass runner a year or so back as mine looked like it came up from the Mary Rose!

I ended up giving in and taking it to a local bodyshop to get it fitted as it was too fiddly to get the runner on the right place on the window to locate onto the scissor mechanism.

The runner is spring moulded cheap metal (like the metal water pipe near the offside front wheel) so a second hand one may well have lost it's 'memory'.

Good luck if you do it yourself. I wasted 4 hours swearing at the car door before realising that £20 spent down the bodyshop would be the best bet.

pug_ham
I've heard they can be a bugger to fit too, was hoping not to have to take the glass out, this possible?

You've got to take the glass out but even then its not a particularly difficult job imo.

Graham.

large

I did mine neil Its not hard at all.

Drop me a pm if you need a hand with them.

happygoron

Cheers mate, may do, assume you took the glass out too?