• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Para

My Suspention Setup

Para

Hi guys,

Not many people were doing this in Poland, so I'm asking here as nearly every single one of you have something from 309 in your 205 :lol: I have 1.9 phase II GTI, I gather 309 GTI wishbones and anti-roll bar, driveshafts and rear beam are also from 309 GTI.

Now it's time for shocks, I was thinking about 306 GTI6 shocks at the back, what do you think about it ? I also have -40mm springs which I want to put on the car, as well as GTI6 engine in near future.

Looking forward for some advice.

Cheers,

Mike

Anthony

OE Peugeot GTi-6 rear shocks should work well on a setup like yours, and are probably the best "budget" option out there IMO :lol:

Para

Thanks Anthony, I neeeded to hear that but I couldn't find any information here on forum. It doesn't look like a popular setup

de Noir

I'm running front 'good' and rear 'bad' B4 bilsteins, some ugly combination, eh? :)

as I am still at running-in the whole package, haven't pushed them too far yet to check whether they compromise or not

nevertheless they seem to work fine on standard 309 GTI 16 setup

welshpug

the B4 rears may not be that bad, they have been changed recently.

Para

Just ordered GTI6 shocks from GSF today. What would you recommend for the front ?

Anthony
Just ordered GTI6 shocks from GSF today. What would you recommend for the front ?

They won't be OE Peugeot ones though, so you will likely get some aftermarket pattern rubbish.

Cancel the order if you can, and get them from Peugeot themselves (new) or a set of low-mileage used ones if money is tight.

Para

They said in GSF that they have 2 types, first ones cost about 45 euro each plus VAT and second ones were 25 euro each. I've ordered the more expensive ones... Should I cancel them ? I rang Peugeot and they had them just about 10 euro more expensive... Let me know as I have to sort that out tomorrow

Anthony

Personally, I'd cancel them and get them from Peugeot, especially if the difference is only 10 Euro.

Para

I follow your advice Anthony, just ordered shocks from Peugeot + few other little bits. I love those trips to collect the parts from them :)

I still don't know what to use in front ? I will have -40mm springs, which suspention would be good with that ?

Anthony

Bilstein B4/Streetline (Black) front shocks seem to be a pretty reasonable from a budget point of view, working fine with typical 30-40mm lowering springs, and match the OE 306 rears well in my experience

Para

bilsteinb4.png

Those one's , yes ?

Edited by Para

Anthony

They're the ones, but that price seems very expensive to me - I'm sure they were around about the £50 each mark last time I looked...

Para

Thanks , I got the place where I can get both of them for 130euro