• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Iain-gti

Ap Coilovers

Baz

Not for that price no.

And they have nothing to do with AP Racing either btw. :lol:

Para

I was asking the same question on my polish forum. Anyone is using them ?

Iain-gti

I no the price is cheap but it doesnt necessarily mean there bad, normal does though :lol:

Batfink

They are probably ok, not brilliant though. KW bought the company to be their budget range..

Para

Prices of coilovers are pretty good at the moment. I was tempted few times to try something new rather then GAZ all the time

Stevo309

I have these for my A4 but haven't installed yet so can't comment on performance but the quality of finish looks superb. Apparently they are KW inserts but cheaper than KW as they are not stainless steel bodies.

I have the KW Variant 1 coilovers on my 306 GTI-6 and they are absolutely superb. They are firm but not harsh and the handling is razor sharp. Can't rate them highly enough so i'm hoping the APs will at least perform the same. The KW's were not cheap though but worth it.

Baz

I ghuess at the end of the day it depends what you want from them.

Stevo309

True. The KWs on my 306 are probably a little too soft for track use but for everyday fast road they're just right (for me anyway). Assuming what i was told about KW inserts in the APs the same comment might apply.

Funnily enough when my APs were delivered the UPS guy reckoned he had them on a Passat and highly rated them.

tri_longer

I have a set of Leda coilovers with 350lb Eibach springs and eccentric top mounts for sale at £400 +postage if your interested.

Iain-gti

Hi any chance of pictures?

Thanks Iain

Batfink
I have these for my A4 but haven't installed yet so can't comment on performance but the quality of finish looks superb. Apparently they are KW inserts but cheaper than KW as they are not stainless steel bodies.

I have the KW Variant 1 coilovers on my 306 GTI-6 and they are absolutely superb. They are firm but not harsh and the handling is razor sharp. Can't rate them highly enough so i'm hoping the APs will at least perform the same. The KW's were not cheap though but worth it.

KW do a galvanised body version too, Thats the KW varient 1 basic, they make a varient 1 inox too.

Definitely expect cheaper internals than the KW and a worse ride. Thats the difference between a budget kit and something twice the price.

Lowercase

i had these on my 206, well AP APF height adjustables. cornered very well, no roll when cornering at speeds. the ride was firm but it wasnt uncomfortable.

for the price you can get them for they're a good kit, more than enough for a road car. never tried them on track.

Edited by DaSneakyGit

MiniGibbo

best cheap non branded coilovers around..

Lowercase

i'd happily buy another set for my rallye. probably will unless i see a better deal.

jamie_1992

i put these on my xs yesterday they seem ok so far plus i only paid £100 for them

welshpug

seen these after ayear or so on a Lupo, theywere buggered.

would rather use standard factory stuff at that price, would be so much more fun and comfortable to use, add another hundred quid or so and you're on bilstein yellows.

Lowercase

i had mine on my 206 for 2+ years, never had any trouble. im guessing the lupo owner wound them all the way down and took the helpers out, no wonder they're buggered.

they are a decent enough kit as long as your not a twat. and yes, £100 off a better kit, and then the better kit would only be £100 off an even better kit, when do you stop though?

its alright when you live at home with your mum and have no rent to pay and heaps of disposable income and can justify blowing £650 on car suspension, but when you have rent and bills to pay, an not to mention a mrs in the equation and in my case a wedding to save for, you need to have a real good talk with yourself if you can justify parting with that much hard earned cash just so you can tweak the damping on your suspension etc.

MiniGibbo

more often than not its not the kit but the geo anyway......

calvinhorse

I've had 2 experiences with the raceland coilovers which you may find the APs are..

The quality was certainly there on inspection, in both cases the springs and dampers were way too soft, the back shocks had nearly zero resistance.

One set (mk3 golf) are still going strong and the other set on a 1.9 mi16 (front only) are also showing no leaks but are too soft for fast road.

Lowercase

i think my rallye has racelands on (theres a little fox picture on them) i can confirm they're wank lol

the ap's rode infinately better

Tandoh

Pretty sure those AP coilovers aren't the same as raceland, VMAXX etc

calvinhorse

Pretty sure they will come from the same factory, 2 year warranty, tuv approved german made jobbies

feb

Having been bitten twice with coilovers (my Forester came with coilovers and I had them rebuilt), I wouldn't get any unless you get a passenger ride in a car that has them.

Suspension is something so subjective that what is gold to someone is crap to someone else.