• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
alync406

Bilstein Coilover & Baker Bm Top Mounts

alync406

I have got some new adjustable top mounts off Baker BM for my 205 which has fixed height bilstein coilovers with concentric aluminium top mounts.When I went to fit my new Baker BM adjustable top mounts I seen that the sperical bearing for the baker top mounts had a 25mm hole in the centre,where my old top mounts have a 20mm hole.I then thought I would use the sperical bearings out of my old top mounts but they are only 46mm on the outside where the new ones are 47mm.

What would be my easiest way of getting these fitted? It does'nt look like you can get a sperical bearing which is 20mm inside diameter and 47mm outside diameter.

Thanks,

Anthony

EdCherry

You use a Top Hat normally, 2 piece 'bushs' that fit inside the spherical bearings.

alync406

The way mine is now I have a bush in the bottom at the top hat and a nut that fits inside the middle of the sperical bearing like this ->Top mount nut Will I have to get bushes made to suit or is there anywhere that I can buy them?

EdCherry

Yer thats the kind of thing to use. Dunno anywhere you can buy them sorry.

joe1joe

bit off topic but what sort of camber and castor setting can you acheive with the mounts they looked nice when i seen them at pugfest

alync406

I believe you can get about -1.5 degrees camber with standard wishbones.Not sure about the castor.