• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Loose Hand Luke

Rear Caliper Options

Loose Hand Luke

Hi guys.

After years without a 205, I've started building another and I've just pulled out my old 1.9 rear beam and the calipers are... well worse than rubbish.

So, I've a mate who runs a garage who's offered to try and get me some exchange items, but I wondered if there was an alternative option for rear calipers that might be more modern or better?

I've already got new discs and pads for a standard 1.9 rear so would like to use them if possible but can probably be exchanged if need be.

Did do a quick search of the forum but hoped there would be a know-it-all who could just advise me quicker :rolleyes:

Thanks guys. :D

Ryan

If you're having trouble getting pair then the same calipers are used on loads of cars - 106 GTI, Saxo VTS, any 306 or ZX with rear discs, and some others too.

There's no point upgrading them really, the rears only do about 10% of the braking and the standard setup is more than up to the job

welshpug

they aren't quite the same of the aforementioned cars, there are two piston sizes, 30mm on the 205/309/106/saxo, and typically 32mm on the 306 ZX and xsara, some lower spec disc braked models had 30mm pistons on earlier cars.

having good pads is important,. even though they do little oft he braking, having less is just as bad as it upsets the balance of the car as much as having to much rear bias.

Loose Hand Luke

Thanks guys that's great help.

I'm not as worried as I was now :rolleyes:

Will try to look for some from as newer car as possible.

RossD

206's also had the 30mm rear calipers (apart from the 180 which has the 32mm ones)

Loose Hand Luke

Thanks mate!

Another place to look. :huh: