• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuart1298

No Brakes?

stuart1298

i've put 306 gti6 283mm callipers disks and pads on, new master cylinder, new braided hoses, bled the system, but still no pressure, a friend of mine said it could be the compensating valve, the car has a 50mm drop at the front, and is still standard height on the rear, for the time being anyway, is there any way i can bybass this, for at least testing purposes.

Stu

pug_ham

The rear compensator on a 205 GTI isn't height sensitive like on someother makes (ford for one) so it shouldn't make any difference to the ride height front to rear & only works on the rear brakes anyway so if you have no pressure on the front its something else anyway imo.

Only way to bypass it is by removing it as the brake fluid passes through it but I can't see that being the reason if you can bleed fluid from all corners.

Have you bled the mastercylinder because due to the angle they sit they can (rarely) trap air in the top so even though you are getting fluid out of the calipers at the front there can still be air in the system? To do this loosen the unions for the front lines & bleed directly at the m/c.

Graham.