• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sceptre

New Switches To Fit In Original Dash!

sceptre

I'm looking to add some new switches to the original phase 2 dash.

Look at this picture, you see the three holes at the top for the hazards, demist and fogs? I want to stick another two switches in there, does anyone know what that red light/switch on the left is meant to do?

Anyway, this obviously involves replacing that small panel surrounding the switches and making up some new personalised switches that will not look out of place!

Unless, there is another model which uses more switches on that panel already? I havent seen any but if there is, I want it! Does it exist???

Main question is where on earth can I get precision plastic pieces custom made for this type of modification??? And how much will it cost?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

EDIT: More images!

(The panel I want to replace!)

(Hopefully, I'll customise some switches out of old ones like these, just by replacing the plastic lenses on the fronts)

Edited by sceptre

Anthony
Unless, there is another model which uses more switches on that panel already? I havent seen any but if there is, I want it! Does it exist???

There is a five hole panel available from Peugeot, that I believe was common on some of the European cars.

I'm not quite sure what the extra buttons were for - I've seen a front fog light switch, I believe the AC switch goes in there, and I've seen a blank switch with no logo/writing on. A nose around on Servicebox should reveal all...

engine killer
There is a five hole panel available from Peugeot, that I believe was common on some of the European cars.

I'm not quite sure what the extra buttons were for - I've seen a front fog light switch, I believe the AC switch goes in there, and I've seen a blank switch with no logo/writing on. A nose around on Servicebox should reveal all...

very correct. in hong kong we get the 5 holes panel and a blank dummy switch too. the forth one is for the air cond.

if you look at my pict, i have the green switch which is for the front fog light (i rewired the circuit to allow me to switch the front fog light even when the side beam is on). (driving light has been changed to fog light)

post-4860-1281003272_thumb.jpg

engine killer

oh by the way, i may have a few dummy blank switch to give away.

yeti-dj

if you look on the rear of the dash panel that the switches sit in you will see they are marked for the other 2 holes, i simply cut out these holes and then cut up another panel to get the hole surrounds and glued them into place, i did look for the original part but gave up.

you can still get a few different switches from Peugeot to fit like the one for the front fogs and ac, depending on the switch prices start about at £15. As said before take a look at the service box.

marksorrento205

Or just buy the 5 hole panel in black from pug for £13.59 :lol:

Part no - 8236E7

Aircon switch - 655325 - £21.33

Heated seat switch - 655338 - £15.89

Front fog lamp switch NFP :D

:o

sceptre

Whoa!!! Thanks sooo much!!!! I'll get pictures up as soon as I can of the new parts ;)

Has anyone tried to personalise the detail on the front of the switch, I've had a look and it doesn't look too fiddly. Just wondering if people have tried it?

Ryan

They do switches for: Rear fog, heated rear window, hazards, front fogs, air conditioning, heated seats, and something that's listed as "heater pump" whatever that it? Something fitted in cold countries I think. Plus a dummy plastic plug to fill up an unused hole.

The 5-hole panel also comes in two different colours for phase 1.5 or phase 2 dashes.

The Mk1 106 (and possibly Mk2s as well) used the same switches, so ebay or a scrapyard/breakers might be a good source if you wanted something common, like a front fog switch.

Ryan
Has anyone tried to personalise the detail on the front of the switch, I've had a look and it doesn't look too fiddly. Just wondering if people have tried it?

The symbol is on a clear cover that just pops out along with the coloured lens behind it, so you can swap and change the symbols and colours however you like.

The symbol is also just printed on the cover, so you can scratch it off and put your own there too.

post-5273-1281086931_thumb.jpg

sceptre

Awesome info thanks Ryan, where did you find that photo?

Ryan

It's one I took for someone ages ago.

sceptre
Or just buy the 5 hole panel in black from pug for £13.59 :)

Part no - 8236E7

So do they still make them and can I buy them online or should I find a local pug dealer?

marksorrento205

I belive they are no longer available :) But its worth checking with a pug dealer in case someone has some stock somewhere.

sceptre

...that sucks, might just have to find some basic switches to mount to that panel