• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gavbrum

Which Front Stabiliser Link Rods?

gavbrum

Doing a complete overhall of the front end. Putting in a new subframe, track control arms, bushes, powder coated anti-roll bar, etc...

But which front stabiliser link rods should I go for?

There are ones on eBay for £6 and free postage. Cheapest I could find. Anyone got any advice on the ones I should go for? Don't want them to fall apart after a few hundred miles. Or are they all just pretty much the same?

Peugeot quoted me £77 EACH!!!

Model numbers and makes preferred. Not contacted my local motor factor yet, but ill probably do that at some point. Just like to know which makes and model numbers I should be asking about 1st.

Cheers,

yeti-dj

hello, because i was skint at the time i got 2 from ebay for about £16, used one and its still fine to this day and i fitted it 2 years ago!!!

at that price i dont really care if it gives up any time soon..

alync406

You are better off going for some of the better brands anyway,maybe febi bilstein or delphi are not too bad I think.The cheaper ones normally don't last very long,the rubber normally perishes on them arter a short time and then they wont last very long after that.

welshpug

he will do, as they have a decent markup :lol:

find a Motaquip dealer, they're nearer the tenner mark each.

Edited by welshpug

Rich_p

I got some cheap eBay ones & they perished in about a month & I only used the car once!

shalmaneser

I think Lemforder manufactured the OEM items, can be got from ECP if you ask for them. Top quality, about £25 each i think, not too bad at all i thought.

gavbrum

Eventually went for Delphi ones. £14 each. Not too bad I think.