• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkey1989

D Turbo Coilovers

yorkey1989

hello jut a quick question to any one who could advise me whether or not coilovers off a peugeot 306 Dturbo would fit a 205 gti 1.9...

cheers

jack.

yorkey1989

any advise welcome please or doe front suspension off a 106, saxo fit either?

cheers

alync406

I would say the coilovers off the 306 should fit the 205 but the spring rates migh tbe a bit high,but new springs for coilovers are normally cheap anyway.Most coilovers do be listed for both 205 & 306.

106 or saxo suspension deffinately won't fit.It is totally different.

pug_ham

306 coilovers should fit but the top mounts are different along with the arb droplink mount so not a direct swap from one to the other.

Graham.

yorkey1989

thanks alot for both replys, how much work is involved geting them to fit then? is it easy to source the parts?

jack!

Rob Turbo

I'm not sure how much of a problem the ARB mount will be, I'm planning on doing the same with my 205, I already have 306 coilovers so might as well try putting them to good use, I'll be using eccentric top mounts so there's already an easy solution to the top mount fitting (a universal top spring cap).

Another small problem will be that 306's don't have a brake pipe mount on the shock absorber, it's a seperate bracket on top of the hub, you could probably use one of these brackets on the 205, even just hold it onto the shock with a jubilee clip if you can't come up with any other mounting plan.

Rich_p

I fitted what we now believe to be a 306 coilover to the front of a 309, dropped it down and run it down the road and it bent a droplink and the bracket destroyed the tyre!

Just get 205/309 ones, it's much less hassle!