• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
floodys

Pictures Of Where You Have Fitted Door Bars

floodys

I've fitted a OMP cage to my car and you fit the door bars where you like, i think i only have one option becasue of the seat etc, juust wondered what others have done plus photos? cheers

Rob Turbo

This is the only photo I have of mine tacked in place, after taking the photo I welded them fully, removed the cage, painted it matt black, then put it in the shed for when the car is ready to have it back!

th_Photo-0186.jpg

floodys

Nice one, cheers rob, i think when i fit mine where it fits to the front section it'll be about 1 inch under the bend by the dash and it'll be almost horizontal, my worry is that it'll be uber hard to get in!! lol

Rob Turbo

Remember you need to get at the handle to open the door, unless you've done away with it and got a cord or something to pull instead.

Cloverleaf
Nice one, cheers rob, i think when i fit mine where it fits to the front section it'll be about 1 inch under the bend by the dash and it'll be almost horizontal, my worry is that it'll be uber hard to get in!! lol

A single door bar horizontal half way up the a-pillar bar wont be very strong. Consider a side impact, it's just putting bending forces into the a-pillar and b-pillar hoops. The standard angled door bar, like Rob's, is better as it doesn't put much bending force into the a-pillar as it's mounted near the foot. Obviously, a double door bar is better.

matt.f

They also foul the window winder if you have them

rescue dude
This is the only photo I have of mine tacked in place, after taking the photo I welded them fully, removed the cage, painted it matt black, then put it in the shed for when the car is ready to have it back!

th_Photo-0186.jpg

I have an OMP ten point cage and my door bar is in the same place as Robs.

My cage was proffessionally fitted.

matt.f

Yeah mines the same too

ravydavy

Think mine is a homemade cage. Tubing is soooo thick..

img0065qo.th.jpg

floodys

cheers for the replys guys, got electrics so no worries there, will think about the door handle situation when fitting, also good thinking clover!! but if i cant fit it any other way/place having one straight is better than nothing no????

AdamP

Mine are a bit higher at the back:

DSC03817.jpg

I dont have any door handles, window winders etc to deal with though.

Cloverleaf

Having one is better than not having one for sure. But put it diagonally like everyone else! lol

joe1joe

i did mine to the msa regs cant go wrong then!