• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cagedbanana

Big Wheel Questions

cagedbanana

Pretty sure this one hasn't been asked before

I'm currently in the stages of fitting a dimma kit to my 205

I was going to go down the wellar steel route, bore the centes etc (dimma wheels not an option) but a set if borbet 7.5 j and 9j have come my way. Now these are e36 BMW fitment with an offset if 42. Now through some homework 295's are between 19 and 28 offset

just wondering if I have the apropriate spacer/ stud convertion if they will fit.will have wider front arches obviously, but still want to be able to turn. Any help greatly arprecaited, cheers chris

Baz

Offset has nothing to do with the wheel width.

If anything going that wide you'll want an offset closer to 0.

cagedbanana
Offset has nothing to do with the wheel width.

If anything going that wide you'll want an offset closer to 0.

But what width can I get away with before I have to start cutting into the floor and inner arch!

Cheers

chris

Daviewonder
But what width can I get away with before I have to start cutting into the floor and inner arch!

Cheers

chris

Depends on the offset of the wheel.

welshpug

E36 uses 5 stud, so there's an epic spanner in the works straight away ;)

cagedbanana
E36 uses 5 stud, so there's an epic spanner in the works straight away :)

i did say I would do a stud convertion on it,

welshpug

a stud conversion means simply changing a hub from 4 nuts to using 4 studs.

wracing

to give you an idea im running 8j et0 on a 309 rear beam wrapped in 225/50/15 and its tight!!

James

Wes

plus bmw have their own pcd, i think its 5x120. it will be difficult getting converter spacers.

asdf205

As said before the e36 (and 46 for that matter) have a pcd of 5x120. I think it will be pretty difficult to find a convertor plate to work with this. Baring in mind if you have to add the convertor plate to your hub that increases the offset already before you even think about putting the wheels on. You will have more chance with a 5x112 (vw) pcd if your looking at running the Borbets. Saying that i imagine the Borbets come in 4 stud anyway.

engine killer

it seems like you will need a lot of info before making up of your decision, width and offset are very critical.

I have made myself an excel file which you can fill in the original tyre width, tyre aspect ratio, wheel diameter, wheel offset, wheel width and then the new (propose) setting of tyre width, tyre aspect ratio, wheel diameter, wheel offset, wheel width. it will then give you back the how much the new setting difference compare to the original such as how much the wheel tucked in, spaced out, and the tyre tucked in and spaced out, also the difference in circumference and diameter.

if you want to have a go on my excel, pm me your e-mail address and i will mail it to you because only picture can be posted here.