• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnhenry

Brake Replace/conversion Problems

johnhenry

Right

ive just set about starting to replace everything on the brake system at the wheels(caliper, pads, discs, hoses)

just taken the wheel off, the sort of holder arm of the caliper, then the caliper itself, the the disc,

first issue:

the two screws holding the disc in place have sheered on driver side, havent checked the passenger yet,

the parts ive been given are the wrong items, they dont fit...

SO

other options on peugeot brakes...

306gti6? do they fit, like calipers etc etc?

what are my options?>

blessed6383

the 1.6 disc have different hub offsets i belive maybe they have given you those, also the retaining screws dont matter too much as the wheel holds them close to the hubs all the screws do is stop them spinning and making the bolt holes harder to line up no prob at all really

not 100% sure but think you need to change the hubs if fitting gti6 calipers

Edited by blessed6383

jackherer

Once the discs are off you can normally get the remains of the sheared screws out with molegrips, otherwise drill them out, they are really soft so it's easy. Or just ignore them as said above, they are only for convenience when the wheels are off.

johnhenry
Once the discs are off you can normally get the remains of the sheared screws out with molegrips, otherwise drill them out, they are really soft so it's easy. Or just ignore them as said above, they are only for convenience when the wheels are off.

cheers for that man!

thats todays job then, need to get the hub off the car so i can get it flat so i can drill it.

jackherer

You don't really need to remove the hub IMO just start with a much smaller drill bit and the screws are so soft it will come away in tiny pieces before you get anywhere near the threads on the hub.

pug_ham
not 100% sure but think you need to change the hubs if fitting gti6 calipers

No, the 1.9 GTI hubs are right for swapping to the GTI-6 brake set up, you only have to swap hubs on a 1.6 GTI to fit larger brakes.

Graham.

blessed6383
No, the 1.9 GTI hubs are right for swapping to the GTI-6 brake set up, you only have to swap hubs on a 1.6 GTI to fit larger brakes.

Graham.

ah i see wasn't to sure about that cheers graham

pug_ham
ah i see wasn't to sure about that cheers graham
when it comes to technical information and guideance, think twice before you hit the "submit" button - make sure that information and knowledge you are about to share is either first hand or verified fact. hear-say and deliberate missinformation

will not be tolerated.

:D:P

Graham.