• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mikeygulley

205 & 309 Struts

mikeygulley

Hey guys just a quick one,

Are the 309 and 205 shocks the same? I have a leaky shock on the 205 and only have a 309 one to replace it, if I was to just change the springs would that be the same (not harder or softer)?? :lol:

boombang

The 309 springs are slightly harder in my experience, so you would assume shocks would be slightly stiffer too.

The difference isn't night and day, I ran my old 205 on standard 309 gear and it felt very very good, just ride height was up from standard 205.

johnsimister

I bought new genuine Peugeot struts for my previous 205 about 12 years ago, and they had 309 stamped on them. The genuine Peugeot struts I bought for my current car in 2004 didn't. Make of that what you will. The struts with the 309 stamp worked perfectly well.

Maybe Servicebox will reveal if 205s and 309s have the same strut part number, but I still haven't managed to make it work.

John

mikeygulley

I just have one problem that is I bought a pair of secondhand 309 struts with the intention to replace both and one of them is also leaking so i was just going to change the leaking one on my motor for the good one of the pair i bought. Just change the springs over.

pug_ham

You really only should replace suspension items in pairs, especially shocks because they could be worn different amounts & in the case of 205 to 309 struts slightly different internal valving.

309 GTI front struts;

5202 C9 NFP 01 FT SHOCK-ABSORB LEFT

5202 E1 NFP 01 RIGHT

205 GTI front struts;

5202 N1 01 ENS - GTI

5202 N2 01 ENS - GTI

Graham.