• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
blessed6383

Whats Needed For 406 Brembo Conversion

blessed6383

hi guy have seen threads of people using 406 brembo's on here and other pug sites and want to know everything involved in fitting these?

what master cyclinder is best to use and which modifications are involved in chaging if needed? (will i have clearance problems with the mi16 being fitted)

which wheels will fit without knackering wheel berings? (would like to keep peugeot wheels)

will they fit my 1900 gti hubs ok? or do i need brackets made up?

which disc's to use?

thanks for any advice

welshpug

my advice would be don't bother, there's no weight advantage over a gti6 setup, they're more difficult and more expensive to find a wheel that fits over them, and they squeal like buggery!

if you really want to fit them, you need 288mm Citroen Xantia/C5 discs, and suitable brake hoses that Miles does off the shelf, they bolt straight on.

blessed6383
my advice would be don't bother, there's no weight advantage over a gti6 setup, they're more difficult and more expensive to find a wheel that fits over them, and they squeal like buggery!

if you really want to fit them, you need 288mm Citroen Xantia/C5 discs, and suitable brake hoses that Miles does off the shelf, they bolt straight on.

just considering my options over a bigger brake setup which would you recomend mate? im running standard 1900 clipers and uprated disc and pads at present

Rob Turbo

I have them on my 306 v6 estate, the stopping power is awesome but as said they squeal badly, but only since I fitted new discs, I'm gonna try some copper slip on the back and sides of the pads to see if it helps any.

They fit behind 1.9 alloys with 20mm spacers, thats what I had on the 306 when I first fitted the brakes, now I have cyclones on and they fit with the same size spacers.

welshpug

what you have should be perfectly sufficient imo.

Daviewonder

The Brembos on a 205 fit behind 405 T16 alloys using 5mm spacers with room to spare, you could probably get away with using 3mm spacers.

blessed6383

they are good no doubt but after having had a few trouser moments would like to up the stopping power just to be on the safe side :rolleyes:

im worried about uing spacrs as done want to wear the bearings out to fast as know changing he offset of the wheels does this, although saying this i could do withthe extra width on the front to clear the gti6 box that little bit more

Miles

That spacer thing is more for Fords with poxy small bearings, I;ve run spacer's for over 200k with the same wheel bearings on Pug's

Daz_C

whilst owning 205's with both GTI6 calipers and brembo's I must agree with Rob that the 4 pots are absolutely brilliant and on trackdays I have every faith in them and I do push hard when on track.

As for master cylinder choice, from my own experience of using the standard 1.6gti master cylinder with brembo 4 pots I've had no issues at all and the pedal feel is good too.

fast_eddie

Everyone is different with brakes. I personally need massive brakes as I am the last of the late brakers!!

That is just my driving style and I love love love the feeling of wiping of big speed quickly. Not used the 309 for a long time but I ended up with princess callipers(there were all the rage 10 years ago :lol:) and 1155 pads. These were an upgrade from 1144's that I fried on the way to the shops(nearly) and proved to be able to almost handle curburough and my late road braking love. I will move to 1166 compound when I get the old girl back on the road(and if they are still available for that calliper).

To my mind, I do not see that a single sliding calliper does the job of an opposing piston set up under hard braking--that may well be not the correct truth however, I always feel FAR more comfortable pressing the centre pedal when I know multi pistons are at work instead of the piston pulling carriage/pressing pad set up.

Just my thoughts and feelings from someone that loves the feeling of strong brakes, use the thoughts as you want :rolleyes: