• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Marshall

Suspesion Question

Marshall

Hopefully someone will have the answer for me here. When out in the car and cornering right handers at a good rate of knots the car's feeling 'not quite right'. The steering feels quite vague going into the corner, then it suddenly snatches/grabs the road which isn't ideal considering our unrestricted roads.....

It's fine going around left handers, feels nice and planted and you can feel everything that's happening which is why I'm guessing there's something wrong with the balance of the car somewhere.

Anyone come across this before? Any pointers on what to look out for?? Oh, as far as I can gather it's all standard ride height, I have a feeling the back may have been dropped at some point but I wouldn't know how to tell for certain...

Tom Fenton

Very common, a few possible causes, wishbone bushes worn, wishbone ball joint worn, upright clamp ovalled, rear beam seized/play.

Marshall

Upright clamp? What's one of the then? Still new to all this Peugeot lark......

Tom Fenton

Where the front upright (or hub) clamps to the lower arm balljoint. You'll see it if you have a nose under the car.

Marshall

Cheers, I'll get it up on the ramp over the weekend then and have a good poke around.