• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dave_gti

Gti-6 Discs

dave_gti

An update from identifying my brakes, I ordered brembo max discs from GSF, they arrived today so i thought id check them before putting them in parts pile :D

The problem was they did look small, they are 265mm which are too small, i got on the phone with GSF and they said the discs they sent are for a gti-6 (Part Number N60116F), and they seemed confused by my 283mm discs.

So the best they can do is give me a refund :P

Any suggestions where i can get the correct discs?

Batfink

Well quite simply the 306 gti-6 only came in 283mm, lower spec models had 266mm.

Anthony

From memory, they're on the GSF system as Xantia Estate brake disks - I'm sure someone will be able to confirm the part number

Most 306 2.0 16v stuff on the GSF system is S16 or XSi 16v, which both use 266mm disks and sounds like what you've been sent.

welshpug

Fairly certain the following is the correct one, as Anthony said they are listed for Xantia estate too.

601PC0210 BRAKE DISC-FR VENT BREMBO 306 GTi-6 25.00

The buggers do have others shown as gti6 discs :P

601PC0211 BRAKE DISC- FRT VENTED 306 GTi-6 17.60

which I don't think is correct.

the part number N60116F is an old one that isn't used on the website any more.

dave_gti

Thanks for the replies, your a great help.

I got onto the phone and this fella seemed more helpful, he said they they do 2 sizes for the 306 (gti-6/s16 on their system), one being the ones they sent, and the other the 283mm. But they dont do the 283mm as brembo max, just the brembo std disc.

The Part number they sent was '601PC0073' so you all know not to order that one DOH!

welshpug

yeah, brembo don't do a 283mm max disc, just normal ones.

Anthony

Standard Brembo disk is absolutely fine IMO and is all I used to use :P

dave_gti

Ah thats good to hear :P , thanks again for your help.

CaptainK

I had the same probelm a couple of years ago at GSF. Went in and ordered some front brake discs for a GTi6. They asked if it was a "2.0 Litre?" and I said yes, then fuffled around for a bit and returned with the brake discs. I checked them and they were 266 (?)mm discs, not 283mm. I asked why that wasn't and he said thats what the computer has for "GTi6".

So I left it and came back to this forum and looked up the part number on one of the "Stickies" here and then went back to GSF and ordered them - low and beyond they have the right parts.

You'll be pleased to know that the standard Brembo GTi6 discs when mated to Ferodo DS2500 pads are an awesome setup and have done 26 laps of the Nurburgring whilst fitted to my 205 AND also survived the 2009 Eurotrip that we (205 Forum Drivers) did and the brakes are still going strong now. :)