• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eob

Ride Height Mystery

eob

19694.jpg

Evening All,

I've fitted new Bilstein shocks (VNE-4105) and springs (ECP no-name) to my 205 GTi. It also has new top mounts, and is running 306 XUD front hubs.

As you can see (White car), the ride height is pants compared to a standard GTi (blue car). After 5000 miles, it still hasn't settled down.

Any ideas?

Eamonn

Daviewonder

I can't help but my sorrento had a stupidly high ride height when I got it so I bought some 30mm lowering springs but it still sits as high as a standard gti, would love to know why!

welshpug

looks fine to me :angry:

Though the Ventura springs I got from ECP with the same dampers lowered the car more like the blue one, I can't remember the part number off the springs.

stefan
19694.jpg

As you can see (White car), the ride height is pants compared to a standard GTi (blue car). After 5000 miles, it still hasn't settled down.

I would bet on my life that's not a standard gti hight ( the blue one)

blessed6383

doesn't look standard, it looks about same hight as mine (lowered 30mm) (wheeel to arch gap) how far is it from top of rim to the arch gap maybe a few guys on here could measure and let you know

GTI6BOY

I would also bet my left bollock the blue car is lowered around 30mm

Anthony

The white car looks a touch high to me, but as others have said, the blue one looks around 30mm lower than standard

Guest jammy205

are ya sure the shocks are fitting right into the hubs? looks like ya have a wrong part there somewhere maybe the 306 hubs dont fit so great afterall would be worth jacking up the 2 cars and take the wheel of to compare. ^_^

CaptainK

Agreed. My standard 1993 205 GTi looked a similar height at the front to the white one in the photo. I had it standard for many years then when I got more into cars I decided to lower it and its now at the similar kind of height to the blue car in the photo.

feb

The blue looks a bit lower than my previous Gti-S on SBC suspension (from memory the SBC springs lower the car around 20-25mm)

welshpug

looks spot on to me, though you'd be better to find some 205 or 309 hub carriers as 306 ones apparently give positive camber.

here's another standard 205 -

4676193808_f0ab47f73c.jpg

4675576043_8de609f492.jpg

Perfect for a road car IMO

Edited by welshpug

mikeygulley

I second that my gti is the same as the white one and is completely standard.

stefan
looks spot on to me, though you'd be better to find some 205 or 309 hub carriers as 306 ones apparently give positive camber.

here's another standard 205 -

Perfect for a road car IMO

Yes, the 2 white cars are at std ride hight, great for the road, especially if on bilstein...

martyn180

I just had some new standard springs pre pugfest , with b4s and has a similar ride height to the white one. Deffo the blue is lowered. Some people thought it was high though but many are old /saggy and lowered. Hope fully it will settle 10mm though lol.