• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomchester999

Which Springs For 205 Stdt ?

Guest tomchester999

Hello

I the next thing i need for my stdt project is some front springs for the original suspension.

now i am looking at the eibach ones on ebay but i cant work out which ones i need.

does the stdt have the GTI struts? or does it share with the other models?

thanks

Tom

yeti-dj

hello, yes its got the same struts but im sure the sdtd springs are firmer than the stock gti as the car weights a bit more so you will end up lowering the car a bit but not sure by how much, sure someone can confirm this for you..

hope its a bit of help.

pug_ham

The STDT has GTI style struts (or should have) but normal diesel springs which are massive when uncompressed off the strut.

When I had my STDT I ran it with both 205 GTI which gave about a 25mm drop & later 309 GTI springs on, the 309 GTI springs were better suited imo being very slightly stiffer than the 205 ones & dropped it an extra ~10mm so it sat at a nice height.

Fitting Eibach lowering springs made for a 205 GTI onto your STDT will make it to low imo.

Graham.