• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pugmanian Devil

Subframe

Pugmanian Devil

I recently had my subframe powdercoated, when fitting it back to the car i found that the threads on the metal block thats inside the car in the drivers footwell that the bolts screw into are totally worn out, for the time been i took the plate out, angle grinded the blocks off found 2 nuts that have the same thread as the bolts, then welded the 2 nuts to the plate.. for now this will do but can anyone tell me where i could get a new block and 2 new bolts (peugeot's only???) Also can anyone tell me what the torques setting is for the subframe, i seem to remember 75nm??

Regards

-T

pug_ham

I think your best chance of getting a plate for inside the car is from someone breaking a car & they can also probably supply the bolts depending on condition when removed.

I've had a look through the haynes & can't find any mention of a torque setting for the bolts holding the subframe on, 75nm should be OK but use your judgement when tightening them up & if it feels to tight but the torque hasn't been reached, use less.

Graham.