• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AdamP

Internal Fuel Line

AdamP

My current internal fuel line system is pretty crap, hose from tank, through plate above, through car, through grommet in bulkhead to fuel filter. The hose was cheap and has cracked somewhere under the braid so the whole lot needs replacing, so I'm just looking for ideas on the best way to do it. Don't want to brake the bank but want it done properly, just need one line running through (no return). Looking to use -6 JIC PTFE hose and fittings, but whats the best place to go through to the tank?

matt.f

Where abouts did it crack?

AdamP
Where abouts did it crack?

Lots of places! I've tracked down a couple of places near the ends and trimmed it a tad but its still sucking air so it must be near the middle. I want to do it properly now :ph34r:

matt.f

Seen people go through the bottom of where the seat base sits(where the floorpan ends),looks better but has more hose out of the car low down,not really good for rallying even with a tank guard so I decided to do mine like you have but came through the bulkhead on the passenger side where it's recessed at the front under the dash

Paul_13

I ran 10mm fuel hosing through the car and along the sill then through the bulhead with a filter in engine bay.

Come have a look if you want? Got the car on road at last :huh:

yeti-dj

Hello, we used 10mm copper piping in side the car as per rally regs you arent allowed flexible hosing to be in the car.

Piping comes into the car just behind the drivers seat then follows the exhaust tunnel and then through the bulkhead to meet the flex hoses in the engine bay. quite easy to do just dont bend the copper line too much as it "work hardens".

TVH

Aluminum pipe if you need low weight otherwise teflon hose. I would never use anything else inside the cabin. Rubber hose is bull#### all the fumes inside the cabin and you never know when it starts to leak.

Edited by TVH

Spiky

my mates sells this stuff, mention SPIKY and you will get discount :D

Torques

if internal, you want the ptfe linen hose :D

Edited by Spiky

AdamP

Desperately need to get the car MOTed and I had some 8mm copper pipe left over from the Locost.

How we started, with crap chinese stainless braided hose:

22072010768.jpg

Removed:

22072010770.jpg

Routing of new copper fuel pipe (left over from the Locost):

22072010771.jpg

The difficult part... the old hose used to perish where it had to bend down onto the fuel tank fitting, so here's my solution:

22072010772.jpg

And with the cover back on:

22072010773.jpg

Engine end:

22072010774.jpg

Just need to put p-clip it down now. Also hoping to re-route the rear brake line along the same side <_<

She started up for the first time since April with a bit of blue smoke but no drama!

Guest nelly023
Desperately need to get the car MOTed and I had some 8mm copper pipe left over from the Locost.

22072010768.jpg

Removed:

22072010770.jpg

22072010771.jpg

The difficult part... the old hose used to perish where it had to bend down onto the fuel tank fitting, so here's my solution:

22072010772.jpg

22072010773.jpg

Engine end:

22072010774.jpg

Just need to put p-clip it down now. Also hoping to re-route the rear brake line along the same side :)

She started up for the first time since April with a bit of blue smoke but no drama!

Can you confirm that the supply feed is the middle pipe and the copper pipe in your picture is the return feed. i've just fitting twin 45s to my gti and i'm having some fuel supply problems

Guest nelly023

22072010768.jpg

Removed:

22072010770.jpg

22072010771.jpg

22072010772.jpg

Sorry i've just looked at it agin and realised you have looped it around around from the central feed pipe. doh

22072010773.jpg

Engine end:

22072010774.jpg

Just need to put p-clip it down now. Also hoping to re-route the rear brake line along the same side :)

AdamP

I don't have a return feed as its a carb engine :) As you say, the hose is looped around.

large
Hello, we used 10mm copper piping in side the car as per rally regs you arent allowed flexible hosing to be in the car.

You can run flex fuel line through the car to conform with rally regs, it just has to be braded

Pugnut
Can you confirm that the supply feed is the middle pipe and the copper pipe in your picture is the return feed. i've just fitting twin 45s to my gti and i'm having some fuel supply problems

the hose that connects in the middle of the pump is the feed. even i know that :) . And you can blow into the tank via the return, you can't with the feed as it has a non return valve.

AdamP

Oh and if you're using the original pump to supply fuel to carbs you're going to have problems as its supplying about 10 times the fuel pressure you need!