• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
burr_2000

Kad Mounts

burr_2000

is anybody using KAD adjustable top mounts? want to know a good starting position and pics would be helpfull, thanks

burr_2000

phoned up KAD and spoke to dave who was very helpfull chap who races a 205. theres a line on there top mounts so looking from front to back on car. take the passenger side if line at 9 oclock its max camber and at 12 oclock max castor, so gonna set it inbetween. when i save up for adjustable arms and will just use top mounts to get castor :o

Edited by burr_2000

burr_2000

Has anyone got any pics of ajustable mounts fitted to AVO coilovers, unsure if i need a spacer or not?

swordfish210
phoned up KAD and spoke to dave who was very helpfull chap who races a 205. theres a line on there top mounts so looking from front to back on car. take the passenger side if line at 9 oclock its max camber and at 12 oclock max castor, so gonna set it inbetween. when i save up for adjustable arms and will just use top mounts to get castor :ph34r:

I've got mine set at about the 11 and 1 o'clock position as well. Need to get it on track though to see if it works properly ;)

P10100152.jpg

burr_2000

ok cheers mark, what shock you running with?

this is pics of my set up and because they are second hand it came with standard spring hangers instead of coilover hangers so sits wrongly on top mounts.

post-12377-1280140010_thumb.jpg

post-12377-1280140017_thumb.jpg

post-12377-1280140026_thumb.jpg

post-12377-1280140034_thumb.jpg

burr_2000

this is it sitting up against adjustable mount :)

post-12377-1280140267_thumb.jpg

welshpug

you need a different top spring pan.

difficult to tell till you have the right bits, but the thread on the damper may not be long enough to accept that type of top mount safely without turning the shaft down if possible, to effectively lengthen the narrower section that sits in the bearing.

burr_2000

i phoned AVO and have ordered the original coilover spring retainers

welshpug

also unless they have grub screws in the lower spring pan as a securing method, then the lockring is missing from them as well.

Edited by welshpug

calvinhorse

they have a grub screw but its s*ite, i used a second platform as a lock ring which works well,

i asked avo about longer threads on the shafts, they said a new shaft fitted with correct lenght thread is £40 plus £20 for a service per side.

burr_2000

got a reply from nigel who was also helpful this was his reply i got after ordering.

"what you have is the gtz coil-overs, twin tube type

the alloy piece in the top mount is what we supply to take 2.25 springs with o/e top mount, the ones you have ordered will now replace that part and fit with bearing mounts, you will also need sleeves with your top mount which will sleeve down the bearing to fit with o/e stem mount, these should come with your top mounts that you have bought"

can anyone tell me about these sleeves or a pic that would clear everything up. i thought this would be a simple operation but now it getting more akward.

burr_2000

is the sleeves the nut on the top?

calvinhorse

no it sits in the top mount bearing to take up any slack between the leg and bearing, like a mushroom shape with a whole through the middle

calvinhorse

the little black things in the top left of the picture,they are the sleeves.

put the shaft into the bearing then put the sleeve in to fill the gap, if it does'nt fit then the centre of the sleeve will need machining to accept the treaded part of the shaft

calvinhorse

just to add- if your thread does'nt go all the way through the sleeve and show enough thread to get your nylock nut on, you will need to have new legs fitted with correct lenght tread, avo told me £40 a side.

SurGie

Hi,

Iv just looked on e-Bay and i am wondering which type of top mounts are the best ones to use and which ones are better used when having a welded top strut plate fitted ?

Or is it a better choice to buy some of BBM top mounts ?

THIS ONE.

Or

THIS TYPE.

Any help appriciated.

welshpug

they are much the same, just a different source, having a reinforced strut tower makes no difference as to which you'd choose.

burr_2000

ah ok cheers guys, they are M14 threaded sleeves that i was calling a nut, must be a different design to some?