• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marksorrento205

Challange For Welshpug

marksorrento205

I went to ecp today, along with a load of other motor factors, and they said the part no wp listed looked to have a rubber bush. They have contacted wembley where the stock is held to have them check if its splined or square and if it has a rubber bush or not. They have asked for a pic of it too. If I get one I will post it up.

jackherer

If your only choice for a square drive column is one with a rubber bush just get one and put a few tack welds on it. It wouldn't be my first choice but it ultimately works fine.

All Praise The GTI

once again to confirm my square drive coloumn came from a non pas rack and its fitted onto a xsara vts rack with no mods :ph34r:

paul13 discovered this and i was lucky enough to find a square drive rack in my garden :D :D

Edited by All Praise The GTI

marksorrento205
actually i think mine came from a non pas 205 rack but il check lol.

it was slightly longer than the normal 205 one but shorter then xsara one but fitts perfect with no mods :D

Yeah that all figures now :ph34r:

What through me was Paul saying (in bold Letters) it was from a PAS rack. Thats cleared things up nicely.

Edit: Cheers Nat :D

Edited by marksorrento205

ade 4wd

"QUOTE (Paul_13 @ May 22 2010, 01:47 PM)

Just to make this clear:

The linkage you need is a 205 SQUARE Drive PAS Lower Column Linkage, this is a direct fit and will not require modifications.

All praise the Gti has tried and tested this after I found out about this little gem "

It was the above quote that confused me as there is no such thing as a 205 square drive PAS lower column linkage.

welshpug

confused me too, and Anthony and probably several others!

Toddy
confused me too, and Anthony and probably several others!

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...120052&st=0

I queried Paul_13 in the above thread whether he was actually using a std non pas U/J, just reinterates that you should not believe everything you read on the internet as fact!