• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
asdf205

Lowering Springs

asdf205

Ive just put some 15's on my 1.6 (which was on original 14's) and the 15s including tyres have a smaller diameter then the 14s so the wheel arch gap is stupidly big. What mm is it safe to drop on the original shocks?

oz.

25-30mm is quite a common drop. Seems to work for most people.

Out of interest what size tyres do you have on the 15's? The overall diameter should be the same otherwise It messes with the gear ratios

asdf205

They are 195/50-15's. To be honest they arent that much smaller then the standard ones but as they are wider they fill the arch out fully and make the height gap alot more noticable.

Pugmanian Devil
They are 195/50-15's. To be honest they arent that much smaller then the standard ones but as they are wider they fill the arch out fully and make the height gap alot more noticable.

Hi,

I would recommend a pair of eibach 7001 springs, The amount that it will lower the ride height differs from kit to kit (if only slightly) but the main thing that determines the outcome of the ride height once mated with these springs also depends on the shock stroke length and by how much the shock droops when the weight of the car is upon it..

hope this helps.. ive spent the past two weeks trying various diffrent front suspension setups, from SBC fast road kit, to custom adjustable coilover bodies and compbrakes spherical bearing adjustable top mounts. This all started when i started to chase a smidge of neg camber on the front.

Regards,

-T