• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cagedbanana

Drive Shaft, Bearing, Wishbone Oall Three?

cagedbanana

went to an event oer the weekend with dragracing

needless to say she took a pounding

on the way home noticed

like a metal chunking sound comming from the front right. almost like metal chafeing. making my steering wheel wobble ALOT at some points

but only experienced when power was being put through the front wheels

also im pretty sure my front left bearing has gone. are hubs easily gotten hold of as both my holding screws for the discs have snapped too

also massive rattle from front left over bumps

take it this is the wishbone?

thanks in advance for any help

cheers

chris

pugpete1108

im experiecing similar problems with mine, it feels like the engine is about to fall out under acceleration?

been told i could be a driveshaft inner cv joint so i am in the middle of stripping it down to find out, whilst putting a new box on too as i found one of the bellhousing bolts have ripped a thread and one was missing.

my bearings a nearly new so it aint that in my case and the wishbones are fine too.

cagedbanana
im experiecing similar problems with mine, it feels like the engine is about to fall out under acceleration?

been told i could be a driveshaft inner cv joint so i am in the middle of stripping it down to find out, whilst putting a new box on too as i found one of the bellhousing bolts have ripped a thread and one was missing.

my bearings a nearly new so it aint that in my case and the wishbones are fine too.

But its not there all the time, a quick wiggle with the steering can often sort it for a bit

definately need new hubs for a start, but as its running an S16 do i need s16 hubs?

pugpete1108

im just changing my hubs to base model ones so i can fit some larger brakes.

if you have 1.9 gti hubs then stick with them as they are more than fine for most applications, just fit bigger disk and callipers to them

Pugmanian Devil

First thing i would do is jack up the front of the car and start checking everything for excessive movement (play) check drive shaft's, arb drop links, wheel bearings, ball joints, top mounts etc..