• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lemmingzappa

Track Rod Ends

lemmingzappa

They are 12.95 each on ECP (or are they actually a pair ?)

Or 6.90 each from GSF.....are the GSF ones ok ?

pug_ham

All pretty much the same from every manufacturer imo.

I suspect that the ECP ones are also each but I got a pair of QH ones for about £10 from my local motorfactors so went with those instead.

Last QH item I bought was an emergencgy cl;utch cable for ym 306 that turned out to be the same make as an oe cable (Dura).

Graham.

welshpug

IIRC Motaquip ones from Motaparts were something like £3.90.

lemmingzappa

Ah never mind, I got a pair of QH ends delivered for £12.94 which isnt too bad I guess.

The de-pas'd rack I'm putting them on doesn't have any ends attached though. How many turns should I do each side before I get it tracked properly ?

willmounsey

I've the same rack and ends and going by the thread on tracking I've got 6 visible threads showing on each end, its looks ok but i think it might need a little more adjustment I'll have to wait till its off the axle stands to see.

Will

lemmingzappa

I take it copper grease on the threads would be a wise idea when I fit the new ends ?

lagonda

Definitely. When I changed mine there was a hell of a lot of rust dust in the track rods, & one of the TREs was a right pig to unscrew. All because previous owner hadn't bothered to grease threads.

MerlinGTI

Ive has motorquip and 'first line' TRE's most recently and the bloody rubber boots keep perishing in a matter of months. Fine other than that.

Im going OE this time round when I can be bothered to change them, hopefully my booties wont crumble then?

matthewm
They are 12.95 each on ECP (or are they actually a pair ?)

Or 6.90 each from GSF.....are the GSF ones ok ?

What makes are they? Got a pair of Delphi ones on trade from the local factors - £5 each, although tried to remove them after 300mile to get shafts out - gunned the nuts off but and only way I could get them both out of the hub was by smashing them with a big ball joint splitter which split the boots. Not sure if I overtightened them but what a fricking nuisance.

Be nice to find some that can be counter held whilst slackening\tightening the nut.

large

Mattew, could you not just acquire some rose joints from work and nut and bolt them?

matthewm

We dont keep many rose joints - especially any that I'd trust on my steering - although very good point Huw - I'm going to look in to that now.