• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kissarmy

Gti Carpet In A Cj?

kissarmy

hi bought first 205, happens to be a cj, was very cheap, but im looking to fill it with G/CTI bits to make it look as good as some i have seen. Im trying to find out if I can fit a carpet from a GTI to my CJ. its a '90 1.4 cj in white, if its any help. im looking to fit a red carpet and dark half/full leather interior. again if anyone can help me with possible issues i may face. im a mechanical engineer so fabrication of parts is not too much of an issue, just be nice to know what im letting myself in for. :)

DaveW

No normal 205 carpet will fit the CJ/CTI only a red CTI will fit due to the floor being different on the soft top 205, also the rear seat backs from a hatch wont fit either if you was thinking about it...

kissarmy

is that a case of completely different on the rear seats, or need some adjustment. i only ask as i could be about to buy a full interior.

thanks, ian

Richy_cti

i have a cti myself, fround seats are transfurable and the frount door cards everything else is cti spasific, i do have a poor condition cti carpet coulor faded and a tear in the drivers foot well but thats from a 86 model and i belive they are different as your would be a fase 2

lagonda

Front seats are a straight swap, also I think the rear seat bases. The back seat backs are different in that the saloon ones extend out at the top, whereas those on the cabriolet angle inwards. At least that means it's easier in so far as you have to remove material rather than add it! You would probably have to get a professional upholsterer to cut & stitch it, unless you have access to & are handy with an industrial sewing machine.

steve@cornwall

Rear seats are useable - transfer the GTi covers onto the CJ frames for the upright ones and make a hole in the cover for the CJ latch (lower than the GTi). For rear seat bases you must use the convertible specific hinges from your CJ, they are a straight bolt-on swap with the GTi.

Non- convertible carpets have been made to fit with a lot of faffing about (hot air guns I'm told) and alteration to GTi plastic trims in the footwells in front of the doors (convertibles are carpeted here, others are not. Member "Smokey" has done this - have a search for his posts.

kissarmy

thanks for the replies guys, looks like i will treat myself to the gti interior then and spend the weekend playing with it. again thanks for the prompt replies, i will be sure to let you know how i get on.