• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
burr_2000

My Track Wheels

burr_2000

I am currently running S2 106 RALLYE wheels with yoko 48s 185/55/14. if i went for the C5 wheels running same tyre but 195/50/15 would it be a improvement or no real difference? would be interested to know what weight diff would be also.

cheers,neil

welshpug

no real difference really, they will be a larger rolling radius though, I don't think there will be much difference in the weight as the 15" tyre will be heavier negating the lighter wheel.

in theory due to the smaller wheel having the weight closer to the centre it will accelerate better.

burr_2000

so best sticking with 14"?

205Rallee

205 Rallye (the French ones with the proper offset) 13" steel wheels with 175 50 13 tyres will bring the gearing and unsprung weight down.

Cameron

You aren't going to get much lighter than the Rallye wheels, they're only 6.5kg each and as Welshpug said any savings by moving to the C5 wheels could be offset by heavier tyres.

lukesaddy

going from my experience (i had complete brake fade in my van) id run some light weight alloys to help brake cooling :)

Tom Fenton
You aren't going to get much lighter than the Rallye wheels, they're only 6.5kg each and as Welshpug said any savings by moving to the C5 wheels could be offset by heavier tyres.

13" @ 3.6kg and 15" soon to be available below 4kg..... :)

omega

what about 406 steel wheels? or are they heavy?

Baz
going from my experience (i had complete brake fade in my van) id run some light weight alloys to help brake cooling :)

I'm sorry but brake cooling and wheel weight are barely related.

Stop spamming.

Lan
13" @ 3.6kg and 15" soon to be available below 4kg..... :)

is that for minilites? how much do they weigh in pug fitment?

McDude

I really can't imagine it making much difference but your car will look 78.9% less cool as a set of 106 S2 Rallye steels look the absolute balls.

I run 15" 1.9 alloys in summer and 14" S2 Rallye steels in winter and I swear the car feels faster on the steelies - in theory it should due to the rotational inertia but I didn't think I'd feel it. It's hard to compare the handling between a summer and a winter tyre so I can't say there are no trade offs, but certainly the higher profile doesn't feel unstable.

AdamP

I ran 13" rallye steels with 6/21 ACB10s and they come in at less than 10kgs per corner complete. Pity they were hard as f**k and offered no grip whatsoever....

Running the same wheels with 185/60 A048Rs they come in at 12kgs and make the car feel MUCH better than the pepperpots with 185/60 R14 A021Rs I use on the road which weight around 15kgs.

Edited by AdamP

burr_2000

adam is the 13" rallye wheels 5.5.

AdamP
adam is the 13" rallye wheels 5.5.

Mine are UK rallye ones so they're 13x5. For 13x5.5 you can get white Euro 205 Rallye steels from peugeot brand new, or some early 306 base models came with them in black.

I wouldn't go for 175/50 R13 tyres though, especially if you're using the XS gearbox, you'll have silly low gearing! Go for the 185/60s.

burr_2000

can you not get a decent tyre with a 55 wall to run on 13",with my 14" i run Yokos over R888 because the R888 dont do a 55 wall just 60.

AdamP

The 185/60 R13 will give you roughly the same rolling diameter as you have now, but you'll have a lighter setup. I'm pretty sure they don't do a 55 profile A048R.

burr_2000

very interesting adam,now i wonder what the lightest tyre would be out of the r888 and the a048, the ACB10 would be the lightest. i have kuhmo v70 that i use in wet and they are heavier than a048s.

burr_2000

Tom what 13" and 15" wheels are that light or is it a secret lol

AdamP
very interesting adam,now i wonder what the lightest tyre would be out of the r888 and the a048, the ACB10 would be the lightest. i have kuhmo v70 that i use in wet and they are heavier than a048s.

The '48R is lighter than the Toyo. I wouldn't recommend the ACB10s as they are crossply and require a pretty different car setup to the radial alternatives...

burr_2000

so it would be interesting to see the weight diff between s2 rallye wheels with 185/55/14 and Euro spec rallye wheels with 185/60/13 both on a048s.

AdamP

I would imagine the Euro rallye wheels to marginally heavier than my UK rallye ones due to the extra 1/2" width. Mine weighed 11.8kgs with a 185/60 R13 A048R so say 12kgs. All you need to do now is weigh yours... :o

Edited by AdamP

burr_2000

with or without air :o lol. will do next week on my works scales B)

AdamP

With 28 PSI in them :o

Baz

ACB10's are the lightest though. I have 15" 888's, 048's and ACB10's.