• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
helmet421

309 Rear Beam An Front Wisbone On 205

helmet421

hey everyone have seen people mentioning fittg 309 rear beam on a 205 obviously for a wider track but i there any other reasons? does it make much difference? also when fitting wishbones do you use 309 anti rollbar an drop links an if so is does it have to be the gti or are they the same as say a 1.4 roll bar? i ask as i am about too build a 205 track car gti6 on throttle bodies an want too do all i can to make it handle as well as go fast as want too upset a few mates with cossys all comments welcomed thanks in advance rob

shalmaneser
hey everyone have seen people mentioning fittg 309 rear beam on a 205 obviously for a wider track but i there any other reasons? does it make much difference? also when fitting wishbones do you use 309 anti rollbar an drop links an if so is does it have to be the gti or are they the same as say a 1.4 roll bar? i ask as i am about too build a 205 track car gti6 on throttle bodies an want too do all i can to make it handle as well as go fast as want too upset a few mates with cossys all comments welcomed thanks in advance rob

It's got a thicker ARB and TBs.

the extra track is neither here nor there really.

TBH if you're building a pure track car than the 309 bars will probably be too thin, they're fine on road but you'd want harder on the track. May as well just rebuild your existing beam and buy some new thicker bars for that instead.

welshpug
It's got a thicker ARB and TBs.

though with the extra length of the bars the actual difference in spring rate is negligible, personally I';d rather have a 205 beam so the wheels have no change of making a rippled mess of my rear quarter panels if I was to hit a decent sized bump.

j_turnell

I've never heard of any 205 with a 309 beam ripple the quarters! Wear the plastic arch slightly yes but thats it. The stance looks so much better imo with a 309 beam fitted, fills the arches. This has been covered millions of times so a search will tell you everything you need to know :o

Tom Fenton

I took this pic earlier today for another reason but it shows the difference well, spot which one has the wider rear track.

205sJuly001-1.jpg

As for the extra track not making any difference, I personally don't agree with that statement, both the cars in the pic are mine. Would I go to great lengths to get a 309 beam? Probably not if I am honest. Would I get which ever beam I could easily get thicker torsion bars for? Absolutely!

helmet421

thanks very for all comments will take it all in consideration when building it