• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fliprio

What Brakes Do I Have?

fliprio

Hi All, I am trying to identify what brake set-up I have. I was told that they were 307 brakes, however I have measured the discs and they are 22mm wide, not 26mm as per the 307 brakes. Its hard to tell if the diameter is 280 or 283mm with them on the car, but they are around 280mm.

I have taken some pics, http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/yy159/2...%20Gti%20Brakes

Anyone got any ideas which ones they are? I need to order some new discs as these seem to be warped!

Cheers

Dan

welshpug

they look to be gti6 brakes with incorrectly fitted pads :lol:

fliprio
they look to be gti6 brakes with incorrectly fitted pads :lol:

how do you mean fitted incorectly? they judder quite badly and the discs seem to have a ridge that runs across the disc

welshpug

the anti vibration springs shouldn't poke through the gap in the caliper, they should sit under that part pressing them down in the yoke.

fliprio
the anti vibration springs shouldn't poke through the gap in the caliper, they should sit under that part pressing them down in the yoke.

I see what you mean, would that cause any problems?

are there any other 22mm wide disc set-ups or can they only be the gti-6 set-up?

fliprio
I see what you mean, would that cause any problems?

are there any other 22mm wide disc set-ups or can they only be the gti-6 set-up?

Does the '57' on the caliper mean that the bore diameter is 57mm?

Miles

Yes it does make all sorts of problems, I had a customer fit a set of mintex pads for these and fitted them like you have with your's, A quick well long phone call later sorted out his pads and it transformed the braking with no judder etc, But that was on a new set so the damage may be done

fliprio
Yes it does make all sorts of problems, I had a customer fit a set of mintex pads for these and fitted them like you have with your's, A quick well long phone call later sorted out his pads and it transformed the braking with no judder etc, But that was on a new set so the damage may be done

I have only done about 100 miles on it since I got it, but I expect its done a good 500 miles with them like that, the last owner wasnt all that good at repair work, the rear pads were also fitted the wrong way round!

The run out was 0.06 and 0.08mm, so I think i will just get a new set of discs and pads and be done with it.