• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marksorrento205

106 Pas Wiring Question

marksorrento205

I have just picked up a 1998 106 electric pas set up which came with a full loom inc both relays. Now from what I have read on here so far, there is a red wire which is the +12v perm, the earth wire and a small green one. Now this loom has the large red one for the +12 perm, it has the earth wires with a ring terminal but it also has a two pin grey plug with two small wire. A red one and a white one. I cant find a wiring diagram for this set up so was wondering if any one else had wired one up and what them two wires go to. I would think one is the switched live but the other? I can get a pic of the loom if it helps.

Any help would be bob on thanks :wacko:

DrSarty

It's really simple Mark. Don't let the layout of the OE loom throw you.

Large grey 45A relay should be in a waterproof holder. That has its 2 trigger wires, one being just an earth (ring if you like) and the other some form of switched ignition live, so the relay is activated**:

** I actually did it the other way round, and gave it switched live on one pin and used the Emerald ECU's fuel pump trigger to earth it into action, so it's double switched in effect, and if the engine cuts out so will the PAS pump. :wacko:

The larger 50A current wires go through the larger spade terminals on the relay: one side to the pump (direct or via a 2 pin socket - I went direct and binned the plug) and the other side to your shunt box or batt pos via 50A fuse.

Nothing more complicated than that dude.

Edited by DrSarty

marksorrento205

Cheers Rich,

I thought it would be something like that, just did not want to fry it on the first fire up :wacko: Im guessing the small red being the + and the white being the earth or trigger?

DrSarty
Im guessing the small red being the + and the white being the earth or trigger?

It doesn't matter mate. Opposite pins on the relay = large pins (main power from shunt box to pump) and then = small pins (one is ground the other switched live). There is no polarity; it matters not.

marksorrento205

Sweeeeeeeeet B)

Cheers