• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MrG

Rear Speaker Advice

MrG

Right, I'm not that up my ICE so here goes.

In our car we have two large rear speakers mounted under the parcel shelf. Looks fine but the speakers will get in the way of the cars daily use and shopping etc will get caught on them, so its my intention to put the speakers back in the original location.

As I'll need to get some new smaller ones, what do I buy?

This is the spec of the speakers currently fitted.

SONY XS6938Mk3

Input max 160w

rated power 40w

Impedance 4.0ohms (I take it that's what symbol is)

Magnet - Strontium.

So are there any smaller (7") equivalent out there, as the performance of the exg speakers are very good.

Thanks in advance.

kentish_lad

what car is this in myfriend

in my car origanl factory position size is 5 1/4 inch but this is the most comon size my advice to you is vibe slick 50's this is what i have in my build and are amazing and i have these fitted front and rear but check this site out www.caraudiodirect.co.uk these are very helpfull and amazingly cheap let me know your choice all the best mate

Aaron

MrG

Cheers Aaron, just what I needed. Its a 205 1.9, it has fronts fitted so these sound just the job.

Anthony

Remember that the rear speakers have to be fairly shallow on the rear of a 205, and many aftermarket speakers with larger baskets and magnets won't fit properly. Also, much like the fronts, any speakers with a tweeter that sits proud of the mounting flange will likely foul the speaker grill.

marksorrento205

I have bought and fitted to my car, and others, some Alpines that are around £35 a pair from halfords. They fit perfect with no mods and, as Anthony said, they are shallow so do not interfere with anything. The std 205 speaker plug also fits straight on too :P They also, just, fit the fronts too.