• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
monkee87

Does Anyone Know What These Wires Are For..?

monkee87

Okay, so i had half my dash out to remove a very very very badly fitted alarm... Car now runs because i haven't got it in anymore. :huh:

When i started putting the dash back together, i noticed 2 multi blocks that i have no idea about..

The first one is this white one; Comes out the same loom at the stereo loom, so on the passengers side by the heater under the dash. Has 4 wires and then 2 come off into a little black plug which looks to be an earth.

4762125704_2fbb8b8254_b.jpg

Second one; It's red, and it's next to the headlight stalk tucked away under the the middle of the dash. It's got 4 wires going into it.

4761494447_4f73b7e845_b.jpg

If anyone knows what they do and where they should be, it'd be a great help!

Thanks, Rob.

blessed6383

i have thes aswell but no idea where they go always just been sat there doing nothing :huh:

monkee87
i have thes aswell but no idea where they go always just been sat there doing nothing :)

It's annoying me! I want to know if they're redundant or not.. :huh: If they are deffo, i'll tuck them away somewhere. :) It'd be nice to know what they're for regardless though.

Miles

Not used in the UK, well I;ve never seen them connected, Even my Gentry with a load more electrical stuff doesn't have these plugged in,

muddatrucker

Top one is connections for a stereo, my old Renault was connected with these 2 same cables (or at least I think it was).

ade 4wd

Both connectors are only found on later looms and are for air con if fitted.

First pic, white connector is for air con control box which would be screwed under heater unit. Black connector is for the temp sensor in the heater unit.

Second pic, red connector is for the air con switch on dash.