• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
All Praise The GTI

Electric Pas Pump

All Praise The GTI

as above. ive managed to bend the saxo pipes to fit :D

but not sure how to mount the pump. i have it on the battery tray. seen several pics but cant see how people have done it. any suggestions?

cheers :D

Cameron

Mine's under the boot floor. <_<

DrSarty

Look in my Evo II thread.

The pump should come with a rubber-bushed bracket/cradle; just use that and bolt it the battery tray. We spoke about this on the phone.

The rear mount idea that Cam's used is great, but would be costly on high pressure PAS fluid line(s).

Daviewonder

My shell has had some metal tabs welded onto the lower crossmember and the inner wing so that the pump mounts where it does on the saxo/106. Unfortunately this needs to be changed as it stops me being able to lower the rad, may just go back to manual steering for the hardcore effect <_<

Cameron

Having just been out in my 205 with Xsara VTS rack fitted, it isn't actually as bad as I expected on the move. Low speed is comically heavy though, will definitely have to get my PAS sorted soon!

Edited by Cameron

Tom Fenton

I have this to do, I'm hoping to squeeze it in underneath the expansion tank, on the bulkhead.

philfingers

bulkhead would need bracing in my opinion Tom, there's quite some weight to it. Mounted off the inner wing, crossmember or battery tray would be a better option i think

Tom Fenton

The battery is staying in the front as it is a road car, there is no room at the front due to all the intercooler pipework etc, maybe off the back of the battery tray could work if I can shuffle the battery forwards.

In any case it isn't going to get done at this rate until realistically November. Have welder and lathe can make brackets, I'll sort it somehow.

marksorrento205
Mine's under the boot floor. ^_^

This is where im thinking of fitting one. My only though/ question is would the length of the pipe run effect the pressure at all? I dont think it would but its in the back of my mind if you know what I mean :D

shalmaneser

Under the boot floor makes a lot of sense, the hose runs shouldn't be a lot longer than the battery tray mounting position and the weight is nice and far back and low.

philfingers

yes in theorey extending the pipe will reduce pressure. I'd be more bothered about the increased weight/cost of the hose and the associated fluid in it. all adds up to more weight

marksorrento205

Nice one,

Although in my case, the car has a v6 engine so I dont think weight is an issue :) On a competition car yes :D

SweetBadger

I've just fitted a saxo electric pas pump and xsara vts rack to my 205; mounted it under the expansion tank bolted to the bulk-head.

The pump is quite heavy, and I think the bulkhead would need bracing to support its entire weight but I placed the pump so that half of it is supported by resting on top of the chasis leg, and the other half held by a simple bracket bolted to the bulk head. This way the bulkhead is only supporting half theweight of the pump and it seems plenty strong enough.

Pump fits quite neatly and the battery can stay in the original position...

Pics explain it better - afraid I didn't take any without all the pipes in the way so it's a little hard to see the bracket

th_IMG_0599.jpg

th_IMG_0600.jpg

As for wiring it in, I had the original saxo loom and just triggered the relay from the alternator exciter wire - this way the pump only runs when the alternator is charging the battery.

Steering is soooo much more direct with the vts rack, really is night and day compared with the manual rack.

Edited by SweetBadger
  • Like 1